Rolled Cake Pops / Truffles
Ready to roll cake pops?
Is your cake baked, cooled and ready to go? Then lets begin…
Mixer with chopping blade or hand mixer
Baking tray lined with baking paper
Cookie scoop or table spoon
Large bowl for mixing
1 x cake
1 x serving of butter cream or cream cheese frosting
1 x spoon for stirring mixture
Making Cake Crumbs
1. Put the cake once cooled into a mixer and reduce it to crumbs. Make sure it is fine in texture and there are no big lumps left.
Cake Crumbs Ready
2. Aim for fine breadcrumb consistency
Cake Pop Mixture
3. Add buttercream to the mixture (buttercream recipe
) – don’t add all of it yet. Add half of your buttercream mixture and mix it together well with a spoon or even better your hands. Keep adding tablespoons of buttercream until you have enough to make a firm dough with your cake batter not too mushy as you don’t want it to be really sticky and gooey.
4.For better results put the mixture in the fridge to chill for a few hours or overnight to make sure the mixture is firm for rolling.
Measuring the cake truffle mixture
4. Use a small cookie scoop which holds approx 1 tbsp of mixture or if you do not have one use 1 tbsp of mixture and try to keep measuring the sme amount. Scoop one level amount and then release it onto a tray lined with baking parchment / paper.
5. Pick up the ball and roll it between your hands until it forms a smooth round ball of cake mix.
6. Once you have done this for as many of the cake pop / truffles as you want filled then – pop them in the freezer until you are ready to dip them. Instructions for this will be shown at a later date.
7. Place cake pops / truffles in the freezer to harden
8. When you want to use the cake pops / truffles transfer them from freezer to fridge . Leave them for at least 15 mins to start defrosting before dipping.
9. Don’t let the cake pops / truffles fully defrost as they become a little slippery and you risk getting pieces of mixture in the chocolate later
10. Post to follow on how to dip cake truffles…
- Dipped sticky tofee cake truffles
This is what they looked like dipped. Why not try an idea for caramel centred sticky toffee cake pops / balls recipe.